Musings from life as a scientist. Sometimes you'll get what you expect, sometimes not...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Melbourne!

I love Melbourne, I really do. C and I have just spent the weekend walking, eating, windowshopping, drinking, eating, admiring, walking, eating, drinking and lazing downtown.

What I love most is the justaposition of lifestyles. Walk down the top of Collins street and find Chanel, Ralph Lauren and the like, beautiful old buildings, churches, parliament and lovely manicured gardens. Flinders lane is full of young, edgy fashion designers and graffitied alleys with cafes full of young, edgy people. And then Bourke st mall is full of your regular old chain stores, with regular old tourists.

Restaurants! Wine bars! Little alleyways full of cafes! Good coffee everytime! (Although, quite a few places did not have raw sugar. Tsk, tsk.)

It's such a different feel to downtown Sydney. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment